Whilst I love dreaming myself away into the world of high end designer buys I get a massive thrill out of hunting for bargains. The trick here is to know what parts of your closet that need to be invested in and which pieces are better scored at a bargain price.
An example would be a pair of well tailored black trousers – timeless, versatile and always in fashion – in other words may be worth spending an extra penny on. On the other hand, everything neon / ombre / studded etc is just a little fashion fling and can easily be bought at a high street price, as you are likely to grow tired of it before it’s quality diminishes.
This is where one of my favorite online stores comes in the picture: asos.com (link) are fab at picking up on current catwalk and streetstyle trends.
I have selected a few of my favourite items (some of which are already on their way to mine as we speak).
1. How gorgeous is this dip dye sweater? (link). Wear it with a mint green pair of denim cut offs and a pair of the iconic Isabel Marant boots, alternatively team it with a white pencil skirt and nude stilettos. J’adore!
2. Loving the lime green skater dress (link). It’s a bargain buy that looks way more expensive than it actually is, mainly due to the tailoring and the metallic belt detail. A bonus for the lush hue.
3. Ever since I saw the latest MANGO campaign featuring Kate Moss i have been dreaming about a pair of red suede stilettos, like these Aldo ones (link). In the campaign Kate wears them with red skinny jeans and a slouchy beige knit – I am planning on copying that look top to toe.
4. Imagine this white wrap around dress (link) with a glowing tan and the above mentioned red stilettos. The cut flatters most figures and the rose gold sequin cuffs make it a bit more interesting than a plain LWD.
5. Minnetonkas (link) – always close to my bohemian heart. I can imagine that they’re super comfy too..
6. Get this fab peplum jacket (link) before we get sick and tired of the peplum trend. I will be wearing it on cool winter evenings with a pair of worn out denim skinnies and a plain pointy stilletto.
7. Simple equals beautiful, so even with this cross back sweater (link). Dare I cay that it goes with practically everything?
8. Very Isabel Marant inspired, this chiffon blouse with Western influences (link) is bang on trend. I will wear it with white denims and a brown pair of vintage cowboy boots. Yes peeps, I am bringing Texas to Dubai. (Having said that, the cowboy boots are not a must, a golden sandal will go just as well with the attire).
9. These chunky brocade boots (link) have a great Ethnic pattern to them and I love the metallic colour scheme. I will be wearing them with a loose lacey white dress by day and a black leather mini by night. / XXX