As a personal shopper I always work towards helping my clients with utilising as much of their existing closet content as possible. Most women have a great selection of personal favourites and just lack the knowledge or interest in learning how to combine them. Now with a good set of basics in place you can optimise the mix / match opportunities of your existing apparel endlessly. The key is to invest in high quality / right-fit-for-your-figure pieces. (Note that high quality does’t always mean high price – we have the norm core trend to thank for that as it has spurred high fashion designers to invest in reasonably priced diffusion lines).
I have selected 5 basic tops from Dubai based SIVVI.COM (link HERE) which I suggest you invest in to revive and compliment your existing selection of separates:
1. A grey racer back tank from American Apparel (link HERE). Great worn with a power suit and flattering for pear-shaped ladies as it gives an illusion of broader shoulders. I have them in every colour and wear them to shreds.
2. Black short sleeved tee from LNA (link HERE). LNA is superior when it comes to the quality of their cotton and that is exactly what you need from a plain black top. The rounded bottom edge is a bonus – great for layering as the strip of fabric will show nicely from under whatever you choose to put on top.
3. The SPLENDID long sleeve top (link HERE) is my go to top when worn with relaxed boyfriend denim and a pair of strappy heels. The neckline is of perfect depth too.
4. The almighty Breton top (link HERE). They come in a multitude of finishes and cuts and you can never have too many. It is a well known fact.
5. Animal prints (link HERE) are considered basics in my book. White denim and a nude heel (black jacket optional) would match this well.